VIP Bonus Page for You Betcha! Box Fans
Here are some BONUS RECIPES featuring our delicious locally crafted foods from this quarter’s subscription You Betcha! Boxes. Our way of saying “thank you” for your support of our Minnesota small artisans!
Recipes by Stephanie Hansen of Stephanie’s Dish!
Honey Glazed Cocktail Nuts
- 2 C whole pecans
- ¼ C Ames Farm Single Source Honey
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
Optional Ingredients (have ready before cooking):
- For spiced nuts: Cayenne, Turmeric or Curry powder to taste
- For savory nuts: add chopped rosemary, shaved lemon peel and/or dried thyme.
- Toast and stir nuts until light brown on medium heat in cast iron skillet
- Stir in Honey once nuts have browned coating each nut.
- Quickly add salt (and savories/spices if using) while nuts are caramelizing and you are stirring.
Note: The honey will bubble in the hot pan and stick to the nuts as they caramelize. Do not let them burn – this entire process takes less than a minute.
Marinated Asparagus Salad with Spring Vinaigrette (serves 4)
- 2 lb asparagus
- 5 oz or 1 bag Spring Greens
- 1 C parmesan cheese
- 1/2 C Isadore Turmeric Tango Nuts (roughly chopped)
- 4 T Ames Farm Savory Marsh Flower Honey
- 8 T Clover Valley Farms Basil Infused Rhubarb Vinegar
- 2 T Lucky’s Honey Mustard with Roasted Garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2/3 C fruity olive oil
- Blend honey, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in small blender
- Add olive oil and blend until emulsified
- Snap off the tough woody ends
- Heat a thin layer of olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and cook until al dente, approx. 3-5 minutes
- Place Asparagus in a shallow dish and cover with half the vinaigrette. Marinate in the refrigerator one hour.
- Arrange greens on 4 salad plates.
- Stack bundles of marinated asparagus on each plate and sprinkle with cheese and nuts.
- Just before serving, stir the remaining vinaigrette to recombine and drizzle over greens.
Minnesota Bourbon Old Fashioned
- 2 oz J Carver Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 tsp Ames Farm Single Source Honey
- 2 dashes Dashfire Vintage Orange Bitters
- Orange wheel garnish
- Vigorously stir honey and bourbon with a spoon in a rocks glass for about 1 minute to mix well
- Add 2 dashes of bitters
- Fill rocks glass with ice
- Garnish with an orange wheel
Sign up for You Betcha!
News and Special Offers!
(Don’t worry, we won’t bombard you 🙂 )
COUPON CODES & SPECIAL OFFERS
from our featured You Betcha! Box Makers
Special You Betcha! Offer
Use Coupon Code:
20% OFF your entire order! Limit one per customer. Cannot be combined with other offers. Exp. 06/15/2019
One-time use code of 10% off anything on our website! ( except for bee services/products)
Free shipping with order of $25 or more at our online marketplace
Additional recipes and serving suggestions for
January ’19 MN Discovery You Betcha! Box products:
Oak Valley Creations, Gourmet Chardonnay Red Pepper Wine Jelly:
Wine Jelly is fabulous on croissants, scones, toast, English muffins & bagels. Great as a glaze for meats & vegetables. Spread on cream cheese, brie or goat cheese for a tasteful appetizer. Pour over ice cream or pound cake for a delightful dessert.
Clover Valley Farms, Basil Infused Sea Salt:
1 bunch fresh Kale
2 T Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon Clover Valley Farms Basil Infused Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix salt and oil in a large bowl.
- Chop Kale into large pieces and toss in the salt and oil mixture. At first it might not look like enough salt and oil but keep tossing! You want just a thin layer.
- Spread kale on a cookie sheet and roast in oven for about 15 minutes, checking and tossing often until kale is crunchy. DO NOT WALK AWAY! Once they are “done” they can over cook very quickly!
Store in an airtight container.
A super easy and delicious way to use our Herb-Infused Salts!